FOUR OF MY FAVORITE ONE POT SOUPS
Happy monday loves! I have rounded up some of my beloved one pot soups this week! These easy meals are tried and true when it comes to my family!
Homemade doesn't have to be mind bottling with a million dishes! I have made it practical for those on a budget as well! SO here is a mixture between hearty and light soups!
- POTATO BACON -
Need a nice hearty comfort meal look no further! This soup is sure to hit the spot! It is far from healthy but oh so creamy good! Let's make it!
5 Slices Bacon | 1 1/2 lbs Potatoes | 1 cup Onion Yellow | 2 cups chicken stock | 1/4 cup All-purpose flour | 3tsp Bacon Grease | 1/2tsp Black Pepper, freshly cracked | 1 tsp Salt | 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, sharp | 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or Sour Cream, plain | 2 cups Milk
Total Time: 30 min | Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 20 min
1. Heat a Large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add diced bacon and cook until crispy, stirring occasionally. Transfer the bacon to a separate plate, using a slotted spoon, reserving about 3 tablespoons of bacon grease in the soup pot. (Discard any extra grease) Dice potatoes while bacon cooks.
2. Add onion and saute for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until soft. Sprinkle the flour on top of the onion, and stir until combined. Saute for an additional minute to cook the flour, stirring occasionally. Then stir in the chicken stock until combined. Stir in the milk and potatoes until combined. Allow to reach a simmer, not boiling.
3. Reduce heat to a medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 10-20 mins, or until potatoes are soft. Make sure to stir occasionally so bottom doesn't burn. Tip: cutting potatoes smaller will allow to cook faster.
4. When potatoes are soft, stir in cheddar cheese, greek yogurt or sour cream, salt + pepper, and cooked bacon bits. Taste and add salt + pepper as needed.
You can serve warm, garnished with desired toppings. I loved adding bacon on top and extra cheese! Fresh chives would be so yummy as well! Stores for 3 days in sealed container, refrigerated.
- WHITE BEAN + KALE SOUP -
This soup is so yummy and easy on the stomach! I make it for my family when we are feeling under the weather or need a nice detox! I love that you can indulge without the guilt! It is an extremely fast soup to whip up and you can add more ingredients to your liking!
2tbs olive oil | 1 small onion, chopped | 2 (15oz) cans Cannellini Beans, drained + rinsed | 4 cups vegetable broth | 2 cups water | 2 cups kale, steams removed + torn in 1" pieces | salt + pepper
Total Time: 30 min | Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 25 min
1. Heat Olive Oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft, translucent about 5 min (stir occasionally).
2. Meanwhile, mash one can of beans in a small bowl. Add Vegetable broth, smashed beans, and water to pot, combined. Bring to a boil.
3. Stir in remaining (whole) beans, Kale, 1tsp salt + 1/4tsp pepper. Reduce heat, partially cover, and simmer about 20 mins, until kale in tender.
Super simple and yummy to make on days you just don't want to be in the kitchen! Make sure to wash your kale real good! Serve warm with parmesan cheese, or keep it vegan. It does taste even better the next day!
- LEMON GARLIC WILD RICE -
I love a good lemon based souped! This one so yummy, especially if you are under the weather! I wish I would have added rotisserie chicken to give it a little extra filling, but it was still so delicious!
1tbs Olive Oil | 1 Onion, chopped | 3 cloves garlic, minced | 1 Carrot, roughly grated | 6 cups Chicken Broth | 1/2 cup Wild Rice | 1/2 Lemon, zest + juice | 1/2tsp Salt + Pepper | 1 tsp dried Basil
Total Time: 25 mins | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins
1. In a large soup pot heat olive oil. Add in garlic + onion. Saute until translucent.
2. Add in carrot. Saute for just a few minutes. Pour in chicken broth. Season with salt + pepper.
3. Add rice. Cover and allow to simmer, cook until tender with a slight bite.
4. Squeeze in lemon juice and stir in zest. Season with salt + pepper + basil. Let simmer and adjust seasoning if needed.
- CORN OFF THE COB -
Oh my word friends this soup is so yummy Tessla and Adaline ate bowls of it! Super toddler friendly and so easy to make! I love how it is light and hearty all at the same time. Perfect summer BBQ dinner or side dish!
1tsp Olive Oil | 1/2 cup onion, diced small | 2 tbs minced garlic | 1/2 tsp cumin | 4 cups of fresh or frozen corn | 2 large potato, peeled + diced | 4 cups vegetable broth | 3/4 cup milk | 1 tbs dried parsley | salt + pepper
Total TIme: 35 mins | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins
1. Heat olive oil in large soup pot. Add onion and cook until tender, translucent. Add garlic and cumin, cook until fragrant.
2. Add in corn, potatoes, and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer until potatoes are tender, 20 mins.
3. Add in milk and parsley, cook additional 5 mins until heated through. Salt + pepper to taste.
There you have it friends 4 simple one pot soups you can easily make! Soup is a beloved staple in my home and I am so happy to share these recipes with all of you! If you try any of these recipes or have questions you can always comment below or message me on Instagram @janebelle.space
I hope you have a lovely week!